ERROR: The property ''Nullable'' of report parameter '' '' is set to false. However, the corresponding parameter (default) value is null or contains an empty string.

• Hi,

I am getting the following error message while previewing the report:

The property 'Nullable' of report parameter 'param name' is set to false. However, the corresponding parameter (default) value is null or contains an empty string.

I am using Reporting Services 2000 (SP 2).

The parameter is an integer and I am calling a stored procedure to get the values from the database.

In the Report Parameters dialog box I have datatype set as Integer, Available Values as From Query and Default Values as None.

Please suggest me on this.

Thanks.

MG

• Try this:

1. Execute the stored procedure from the data tab, and make sure you're not getting a null record. I have seen this error when the SP returns no values at all or one of them is blank.

2. Select a default value for the parameter.

Hope this solves the error.

• you might also use the ISNULL function in your stored procedure to return a 0 instead of a NULL

• Hi Cesar/Frank,

Thanks for the suggestions. I was working on this issue and found that I was missing some settings to be done while creating a DataSet in Report Designer.

When creating the DataSet on DataSet->Fields tab we have to specify Field Names, Type and Value. I did not had Values set for the Fields and thus the report was unable to link the Field Name with the returned column from the DataSet. This was the reason why the Nullable error was popping up.

Anyways, Thanks a lot once again for your suggestions.

MG

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply