error message capturing and sending them to email

• Hello All, I have created a single package which consists of several execute sql task and data flow task. the main purpose of this package is to send the data from one table to to another table in diffrent server. and for every table i have created individual data flow task in control flow. bu[t in data flow tab source and destination are same for all tables.

Now my question is if i run a package all data flow tasks are executed at a same time, I need to capture the error message for each data flow task and email them. More during data transformation if an error occurs in any row, then I need to skip that error and continue the data loading process, but in that process i need to capture that error message send via email.

how do i configure my package for above process, please help me out.

thanks

• Strange, nobody knows how to capture error message and send them via email on ssis?

• I'll attempt to answer part of your question.

during data transformation if an error occurs in any row, then I need to skip that error and continue the data loading process, but in that process i need to capture that error message send via email.

In this case you need to configure error handling to redirect the error row. Then you can take the error output (red arrow) from the transformation and can send it to a SendMail task. I'd actually recommend logging the errors to a table and then as your last task running a OLEDB Command that sends an email using database mail (sp_send_dbmail) that attaches the results of your query.

• thanks and my other question, how to skip an error while loading a data through ssis, suppose i am loading 1 million record and if an error comes in a single row, it might fail a whole package, intead i need to skip that error and continue data loading. do u have any idea.

• Carefully reread Jack's response and you'll find the answer to your other question.

Drew

J. Drew Allen
    Business Intelligence Analyst
    Philadelphia, PA

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply