Error launching Report Builder

• Within our network at a government agency, we are having a problem launching Report Builder which appears to relate to the specific client PC being used.   I have an account with Report Builder rights and have installed the .NET 2.0 framework.  I can connect OK to the Report Server, run reports etc, but when I click on the “Report Builder” button, an error is returned, either a 401 (unauthorized), or 500 (internal server error), depending upon which report server is accessed. Yet I can go to another PC within the same subnet, and can run Report Builder fine using the same account.  Has anyone else had similar problems?  Is there some additional network communication/authentication going on when launching Report Builder?  It previously had worked on my PC, so the Report Builder client footprint has been successfully installed on my computer.

Thanks!

• I do not know for sure but I would check out the IE settings on the PC tthat worked and the one that did not. In particular, security, active-x and scripting. I would also check to see if any pop-up blocker software is running as well.

RegardsRudy KomacsarSenior Database Administrator"Ave Caesar! - Morituri te salutamus."

• Are both pcs on the same/trusted domain as the server? I've seen this problem when the server and the client were on different untrusted domains.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply