Error in taking Bckup in maintaince plan

• Hi All

I created the maintaince plan and the error is

Execute Maintenance Plan

- Execute maintenance plan. New Maintaince Plan (Error)

Execution failed. See the maintenance plan and SQL Server Agent job history logs for details.

------------------------------

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Job 'New Maintaince Plan.Subplan_1' failed. (SqlManagerUI)

Regarrds

sat

• There must be a job created for the backup maintenance plan. Check for the job history for that job. Also click on the (+) sign before the job name which will show details of the exact job step where it failed. Let us know the exact error description from there.

Pradeep Singh

• yep

this is in the job history

ERROR: the job failed the job was invoked by user sa. the last step to run was step1(subplan_1).

When i click on the (+) sign it is showing the error as

ERROR:Unable to start the execution of step 1[REASON:line(1):syntax error] the step failed.

• Open the backup maintainance plan, Click on the button View T-SQL, and fire the statements one by one... U shud be able to locate exact syntax error.

You can also post the T-SQL here.

Pradeep Singh

• HI

This is the T-sql

EXECUTE master.dbo.xp_create_subdir N'C:\Documents and Settings\swdev.team\Desktop\bak\ITAM'

GO

BACKUP DATABASE [ITAM] FILEGROUP = N'PRIMARY' TO DISK = N'C:\Documents and Settings\swdev.team\Desktop\bak\ITAM\ITAM_backup_2009_06_15_184702_5511435.bak' WITH NOFORMAT, NOINIT, NAME = N'ITAM_backup_2009_06_15_184702_5511435', SKIP, REWIND, NOUNLOAD, STATS = 10

GO

declare @backupSetId as int

select @backupSetId = position from msdb..backupset where database_name=N'ITAM' and backup_set_id=(select max(backup_set_id) from msdb..backupset where database_name=N'ITAM' )

if @backupSetId is null begin raiserror(N'Verify failed. Backup information for database ''ITAM'' not found.', 16, 1) end

RESTORE VERIFYONLY FROM DISK = N'C:\Documents and Settings\swdev.team\Desktop\bak\ITAM\ITAM_backup_2009_06_15_184702_5511435.bak' WITH FILE = @backupSetId, NOUNLOAD, NOREWIND

• I ran the code after making changes and it ran perfectly without any error!!

---===============================

EXECUTE master.dbo.xp_create_subdir N'c:\test\test'

GO

BACKUP DATABASE test TO DISK = N'c:\test\test\test_backup_2009_06_15_184702_5511435.bak' WITH NOFORMAT, NOINIT, NAME = N'ITAM_backup_2009_06_15_184702_5511435', SKIP, REWIND, NOUNLOAD, STATS = 10

GO

declare @backupSetId as int

select @backupSetId = position from msdb..backupset where database_name=N'test' and backup_set_id=(select max(backup_set_id) from msdb..backupset where database_name=N'test' )

if @backupSetId is null begin raiserror(N'Verify failed. Backup information for database ''test'' not found.', 16, 1) end

RESTORE VERIFYONLY FROM DISK = N'c:\test\test\test_backup_2009_06_15_184702_5511435.bak' WITH FILE = @backupSetId, NOUNLOAD, NOREWIND

--================================

Did you try to run each sql statement one by one?

Pradeep Singh

• Hi there,

Try not to use the desktop to store the backup because the SQL service account may not have access to it. Instead, replace C:\Documents and Settings\swdev.team\Desktop\bak\ITAM with something like C:\temp and try again. BTW, verify that C:\temp exists and grant the SQL Agent service account R/W permission to it.

cheers,

Alejandro

Alejandro Pelc

• Hi All

Finally i got it.

But i got it in sql -2005,

If i run the same procedure , i am getting the same errors.

Is there any difference in the procees, if there is , plz let me no , actually i want to do in sqlserver -2008

Once again thanls to all , but still i am waiting for some thing....

Regards

sat

• Hi there,

did you try to perform the backup outside the desktop folder ?

cheers

Alejandro Pelc

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply