Error - established under a different transaction?

• Hi -

My SSIS Package is setup to have the Transaction at the package level

IsolationLevel = Serializable and TransactionOption = Required

When I try and run my package the first part runs

Progress: Executing query "DELETE FROM TIMEDATAFETCH WHERE [TIME CARD PERIOD". - 100 percent complete

And then goes right to red and the package fails. Below is the log with the errors in it.

SSIS package "TDF_Pull_Package.dtsx" starting.

Information: 0x4004300A at Refill Table, DTS.Pipeline: Validation phase is beginning.

Information: 0x4001100A at TDF_Pull_Package: Starting distributed transaction for this container.

Information: 0x4004300A at Refill Table, DTS.Pipeline: Validation phase is beginning.

Error: 0xC001A004 at TDF_Pull_Package, Connection manager "DestinationConnectionOLEDB": Incompatible transaction context was specified for a retained connection. This connection has been established under a different transaction context. Retained connections can be used under exactly one transaction context.

Error: 0xC020801C at Refill Table, Destination - TimeDataFetch [133]: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_CANNOTACQUIRECONNECTIONFROMCONNECTIONMANAGER. The AcquireConnection method call to the connection manager "DestinationConnectionOLEDB" failed with error code 0xC001A004. There may be error messages posted before this with more information on why the AcquireConnection method call failed.

Error: 0xC0047017 at Refill Table, DTS.Pipeline: component "Destination - TimeDataFetch" (133) failed validation and returned error code 0xC020801C.

Error: 0xC004700C at Refill Table, DTS.Pipeline: One or more component failed validation.

Error: 0xC0024107 at Refill Table: There were errors during task validation.

Information: 0x4001100C at Refill Table: Aborting the current distributed transaction.

Information: 0x4001100C at TDF_Pull_Package: Aborting the current distributed transaction.

SSIS package "TDF_Pull_Package.dtsx" finished: Failure.

The program '[10456] TDF_Pull_Package.dtsx: DTS' has exited with code 0 (0x0).

Can someone help me understand what this means and how to fix it? I attached an image to show what the looks like when it fails in VS.

Regards,

D-

• What is the value of the property RetainSameConnection of the DestinationConnectionOLEDB connection manager?

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• Hi - It is set to "True"

I attached an image of it.

Thanks,

D-

• What happens if you set it to False? Does your package work?

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply