#ERROR Appearing in Group Row in Reporting Services

• Hello. Can someone please help.

In my detail row in the table I have the following expression:

=iif(Fields!PERIODID.Value=2 and Fields!Year1.Value = Parameters!Year.Value,Fields!Cost_Code_Actual_Cost.Value,"0")

In my Group row in the table I have the following expression:

=sum(iif(Fields!PERIODID.Value=2 and Fields!Year1.Value = Parameters!Year.Value,Fields!Cost_Code_Actual_Cost.Value,"0"))

When I run the report, the group row shows #Error. I am not sure why. All help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

• Hi Paula,

In the Group-Row there are multiple Fields, all that are contained in the details of that group to be exact. The IIF-Clause gets confused because it doesn't know which one to use...

Is using the detour via a Calculated Field an option?

• You are mixing datatypes in the SUM. You cannot sum a string, in your case "0". On your other thread I provided an expression that works. You need the 2 values being summed to be the same datatype.

• I'm using RAQ Report now. I find it useful. Maybe you can try it. It's a free reporting tool. And RAQ Report provides free reliable Doc, Demo, Forum, Email support. If you have report problem, you can turn to RAQ Report'Get Technical Support for help. You can download this free reporting tool at http://www.raqsoft.com/[/url]

Wish it can help you!

Welcome to my blog[/url].:P

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply