Error alerting for Policy Based Management

• I have configured Alerts for policy evaluation. I am having SA rights.

I have followed every step in the following article...

http://sql-articles.com/articles/dba/configuring-alerts-to-notify-policy-deviations-in-policy-based-management/

Error is getting logged but it is not triggering the alert....

Sagar Sonawane
    ** Every DBA has his day!!:cool:

• Has DBMail been configured, SQL Agent Alert system set to use a mail profile and SQL Agent been restarted to take the changes into account?

• Yes....

Sagar Sonawane

• Has this server sent mail before successfully? If not might be AV blocking mass mail worm or something blocking port 25 for SMTP or something along them lines

If it has, is the operator enabled, can you send a mail to the operator (sp_notify_operator) and can you create a job which will fail and on failure get the job to email the same operator, is the policy an on demand policy?

• anthony.green (3/12/2012)

Has this server sent mail before successfully? If not might be AV blocking mass mail worm or something blocking port 25 for SMTP or something along them lines

If it has, is the operator enabled, can you send a mail to the operator (sp_notify_operator) and can you create a job which will fail and on failure get the job to email the same operator, is the policy an on demand policy?

yes... It is sending mails through operator...

I did it by even changing policy from on demand to schedule and vice versa... but no alert...

Sagar Sonawane

• can you attach screen shots of the alerts/operators/sql agent alert system/db mail accounts & profiles/errors in the error log so that we can invesitgate the configuration.

can you attach screen shots of the alerts/operators/sql agent alert system/db mail accounts & profiles/errors in the error log so that we can invesitgate the configuration.

Please find attached...

Sagar Sonawane

• thanks thats the alerts and errors checking out fine, but can we see the rest, dont need to see email addresses etc so you can blank them out its more of the config than details within the screens

thanks thats the alerts and errors checking out fine, but can we see the rest, dont need to see email addresses etc so you can blank them out its more of the config than details within the screens

DBMail working fine... I have tested tempdb alerts through it... it is working fine...

Sagar Sonawane

• can we see the agent alert system screen then and the operators details?

can we see the agent alert system screen then and the operators details?

Image number 1 & 2 representing operator screenshots. I named operator as Alert.

Image of agent alert system screen is attached...

Sagar Sonawane

• Hi...

just want to know whether to create alerts on The server where CMS is configured??? or each registered server I will need to create alerts...

Sagar Sonawane

• I have solved this problem..... Alerts are properly configured and executing on event.

Problem was at the policies for which I was configuring alerts was in On Demand mode.... It has to be scheduled mode......

Sagar Sonawane

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply