Error 1722 RPC Server Unavailable when using proxy account?

• Hello,

I received this error for a SQL Agent job that has been running fine in the past.  All of a sudden, it stopped working and I amn receiving the error below.

Executed as user: CORP\MSSQLAgentProxy. Warning: cannot write logfile D:\PGS\LoadProcs\PinRpt\PinRpt.log. Error 1722 : The RPC server is unavailable. The step failed.

Here are a few things I know:

The RPC Service is started.  The Server Service is started.  If I change the scheduled job owner to sa it runs fine.  If I login as MSSQLAGENTPROXY on the server, I can write to the directory.  Other jobs using the proxy account have no problem.  I can ping the destination server from the source server no problem.  The job runs a .cmd file from the source server and contains lines to execute 4 DTS packages that use system environment variables. Proxy account has very minimal privs and has logon as a batch job.  The owner of the job is not a member of sysadmin group.

Might there be something I am not seeing?   I tried to duplicate the job and run it one time and I still get the same error.  Nothing new in event log or job log.  All I have to work from is the error from the job history. 

Any help would be much appreciated to get over this hurdle.  I don't want to leave the job owned by sa. 

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Anyone found an answer for this?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply