Enterprise shows -> Database -> No items

• HI,

I have 3 sites in 3 differnet locations.(Site A , B & C).All te sites has site to site vpn and they can talk to each other and all are one domain/forest.

Site A has sql 2000 database server.Now when the user from Site B open the enterprise manager and try to register SiteA sql server , he is successful and he can register and he can open databases as well.

But When SiteC user tries to connect to the SiteA sql server via enterprise manager , the server gets registered sucessfully but the database in enterprise mgr shows : no items.

I have installed ethereal and checked that all the ports are open from all sites.Ports 1433, 139 , 445 are being used for the above transaction and all are open as i can telnet on these ports as well from any site.

Pls help as its giving me the problem of replicationg data as well.

Thanks

Harry

• Hmmm, could be a couple of things, but lets start somewhere:

Does the user at Site C have the required SQL permissions on the Databases at Site A?

What's this "backup strategy" everyone is on about?

• chek the TCP/IP setting and authorization of windows, etc. I think problem with per user / seat licence in SQL Server.

• HI,

I have checked, the windows permissions and sql permissions cant be an issue as the user i am using is administrator and is the same on both sites.

Regarding licenses , i dont think as well , as we have enough licenses installed.anyway how can i double check it.

• Mostly this should be a permissions issue.

"Keep Trying"

• SQL Server License information can be found in Control Panel.

Otherwise, do this way:

* Create one common login in Server A, B, C and give the permission as db_owner, db_readwrite.

* Registered the servers.

Hope this may be working.

• HI,

I did a common login.Made the user dbowner/redwrite and local admin on the servers as well , tried fro site B to site A works fine , tried from siteC to siteA , it doesnt wor.the same issue.

I have even tried to increase the timeout for login and queries but to no avail.

• Try like this:

* Ping the SiteA server thro' command prompt. (eg: ping ).

* Connect with SiteA IP Address.

* From SiteC: connect the Site A server using SQL Server Query Analyzer, if name not working then give SiteA IP Address.

• I tried with the IP's.its the same thing.

from the sql query analyzer : it gave me a message : Timeout expired.

• HI,

The problem is solved.

It had nothing to do with permissions of windows / sql or licensing.

It was a routing issue.The MTU size on the site router was not correct and it was dropping the packets in between and loosing the checksum.

anyway thanks a lot to all of you , and your precious time as well..

Cheers

H.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply