Enterprise Manager Security

• Hi - First Time posting.  I have a unique situation here where a user needs access to Enterprise Manager to manage his database (adding and removing data from the tables). 

Does anyone know if it is possible to Grant access to Enterprise manager, but restrict the user to only open his dB - and not others on my cluster - and restrict access to Management, Securty, Sql Agent, DTS, etc.?

I have tried a few tests using his Window security account, and roles, but to no avail.  Now I want to know if I am wasting my time - once you're in Enterprise Manager, you can access Sql Agent, etc.

Thanks

• Absolutly, only add the user to the specific database they need access to.  Then give them only say datareader and datawriter role in that database.  They will be able to see the various other things in EM but if they try and click anything they will recieve an access error.  One thing to remember here though is to make sure that they are not part of the local admin group and if they are make sure that BuiltinAdmins does not have system admin rights.  This defaults to give access on installation but should be removed immediatly.

• thank-you.  It was the BuildIn admins that was stumping me!

Thanks again,

Heather

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply