Endpoints SOAP & XML (This time in English)

• Hi there,

I need SQL server 2005 to handle Http (soap) over internet. I didn´t know anything about XML, SOAP or endpoints a week ago. As far as I am, this is what I've found:

1. SOAP is some short of an statement to comunicate servers, sending XML over Http (web requests). 

2. SQL Server 2005 is able itself to listen Http connections in a port and path.

3. XML has to have an specific format to work in SOAP. I think that authentification goes somewhere in the header, and the call and parameters somewhere in the body.

Right? (If anybody has anything to say this far, I REALLY apreciate)

What I need is JUST ONE EXAMPLE of both endpoint (and Stored procedure below) and XML! I need to see how it works to get my things working!

Please, can anybody help me with this?

Gufix

• Hi there,

On #3, don't get too fussed about the "call and parameters go in the body".  This is true of some SOAP messaging styles and not others.  The important thing to remember is that the appropriate body elements are defined in an XML schema (XSD), just as database schemas define tables and columns.  Other aspects of the SOAP message, are defined in the WSDL, which is an XML document containing both the XSD and SOAP-specific stuff like the endpoints.

OK so far? 

As for samples: I don't work (yet) with SOAP messages sent and received directly by SQL Server 2005 but I have noticed that the Documentation and Tutorials include at least one complete SOAP messaging sample. if you check BOL it will take you right to the exact sample name, but you will have to install the samples to get it.  OK... I'm looking it up.... I think the one you want is installed as drive:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Samples\Engine\XML\XmlOnlineCatalog.

HTH,

>L<

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply