Embed the SPROC/script name in the SQL statement

• Heh... that's nice, Peter, but if you're going to SPAM us with such a thing, the very least you could do is make sure that the code you point us to follows best practices. I'd tell you which worst practice the code has in it but since the site is in the business of making SQL code better and faster for money, I think you folks should probably figure it out on your own. 😉

Seriously... based on the worst practice code you pointed us to, I wouldn't buy the services from that site. There are a lot of people who will probably feel the same way if they see it. You need to figure out what it is and fix it.

Now... if you want to actually get away with a little spamming, become more of an active member on this site by correctly answering questions... lots of questions. I'm sure if you do that that no one will take objection to you listing your company name in your signature. 😉 Lot's of folks do that...

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• Aw, duuuuude... I've read a couple of the "SQL Janitor" blog entries on that site... there's a whole bunch of things in there based on myth, misconception, or are just flat out wrong. For example, I know what's wrong with the following statement which I copied from one of the blog entries... do you?

It is a bit of a mystery as to when SQL Server may auto-update statistics for a table variable.

You really need to do some homework and fix some of the problems on that blog which is supposed to be telling people that the people who are running the business are smart about SQL Server.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• Jeff, members like you really make this site great!

• Some useful features on how to remove charge offs. [/url]

Experience the most knowledgeable system to delete charge off on credit report.[/url]

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply