Email notification wont work

• And the OS Account for SQLAgent owns the SQLMail profile?

• Yes, I have logged onto the OS as SQLAdmin also.  Any other ideas?

• What is the configuration of the mail profile?  Is it hooked up to an Exchange server?

• how do you know if it is hooked up to an Exchange server?  I am pretty sure it is. 

• I installed Outlook from Office XP onto the server.  Do I need a lower version instead?  DO you think that could be the problem?  Or do I not even need Outlook on there if I have Exchange Server on there?  Ahhhhh, this is driving me crazy. 

• LOL.  How did you set up the profile?  control panel, mail, show profiles, click on the profile and do properites.  email accounts, view or change, next.  What does it say?

• You have exchange server running on the same server as sql?  What is this for? some playground?

• what OS, SQL version.

I had the same problem.  If I remember correctly the problem was cause the the OS (Mine was Win2K server).  I will have to look back and see if I kept my notes about the problem. 

Curtis Smith
    SQL Server DBA
    Well in worked in Theory ...

• I am using SQL Server 2000 and Windows Server 2003. And, yes, they are on the same server.  Any other thoughts?

• When I go to Support Services --> SQL Mail --> Properties and click Test with SQLAdmin as the profile, it works fine.

When I go to Management -->SQL Server Agent --> Properties and click Test with SQLAdmin as the profile, it works fine.

MSSQLSERVER logon is set to SQLAdmin also.

SQLSERVERAGENT logon is set to SQLAdmin also.

When I go to Management --> Operators --> SQLAdmin --> Properties and click Test to send an email, it gives me this error:

Error 22022: SQLServerAgent Error: The SQLServerAgent mail session is not running; check the mail profile and/or the SQLServerAgent service startup account in the SQLServerAgent Properties dialog.

Everything is started.  I just don't get it. Anyone else have any ideas?

Brenda

• When I create a new operator, and click on the little button it says:

Unable to logon to the mail system. You should start a mail client (Microsoft Oulook or Micorsoft Exchange Client) to use this feature.

Any ideas?

• Is your outlook client running? Microsofts help for getting SQL Agent working requires Outlook 2002 to be running in the background whan using SQL server

• Sorry I cannot find any notes on how I corrected this problem.  At the time I found the document on MS support on why the mail is failing.

It may have something to do with SQL being unable to send to a "group" if the group is created in the operator screen.  I have to send mail to each person individually.

Sorry, couldn't help more I will keep looking.  But, the reason is on MS support somewhere.

Curtis Smith
    SQL Server DBA

• I have two options.  I either have Office 2000 or Office XP.  What one should I install?  Right now I have Office XP on there, but it isn't working.  I didn't have it running before, but I tried it with it running and it didn't work.  Maybe I need to reinstall it and set it up differently.  Let me know what you think.  Thanks!

• may help, not sure.  The problem may have something to do with SQL being unable to fnd the correct profile to use.  is sql running under a local or domain account?

Curtis Smith
    SQL Server DBA

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply