DTS_E_CANNOTACQUIRECONNECTIONFROMCONNECTIONMANAGER error while running SSIS package

• Hello Friends,

I am getting this error while trying to run the SSIS package:

[Excel Source [51]] Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_CANNOTACQUIRECONNECTIONFROMCONNECTIONMANAGER. The AcquireConnection method call to the connection manager "TatasenFile" failed with error code 0xC0202009. There may be error messages posted before this with more information on why the AcquireConnection method call failed.

I am trying to import an excel file 'TatasenFile'. I have checked the excel file connection manager and it is pointing to the correct excel file. I don't know what I am doing wrong. Can someone help me please ?

Thanks and Regards,

Vishal

• Is your server 64-bit?

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence
    - Martin Rees
    The absence of consumable DDL, sample data and desired results is, however, evidence of the absence of my response
    - Phil Parkin

• Ya i am running this on 64 bit...would that be a problem ? how can i correct this error ?

Thanks again !

• Try running the package in 32-bit mode and see whether that fixes things for you.

- Martin Rees
    The absence of consumable DDL, sample data and desired results is, however, evidence of the absence of my response
    - Phil Parkin

• Hi,

I changed the Run64BitRuntime to false, now it shows another error: violation of primary key constraint. The error is below:

[OLE DB Destination [9]] Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR. An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80040E2F. An OLE DB record is available. Source: "Microsoft SQL Native Client" Hresult: 0x80040E2F Description: "The statement has been terminated.". An OLE DB record is available. Source: "Microsoft SQL Native Client" Hresult: 0x80040E2F Description: "Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PK_tbl_TATASAN_temp'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.tbl_tatasen_temp'.".

However, I am getting the same connection error when i run the ssis package as a job. do you know if i need to change the excel file connection string as this is a 64 bit environment ?

The current string is:Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=K:\upload\Tatasen.xls;Extended Properties="Excel 8.0;HDR=YES";

Many thanks !

• There is nothing to do with the connection string. Excel connection is not supported in 64 bit environment. Hence the package needs to be executed in 32 bit mode only.

Try to explore the possibilities of executing the job in 32 bit.

• pwalter83 (10/5/2010)

Hi,

I changed the Run64BitRuntime to false, now it shows another error: violation of primary key constraint. The error is below:

[OLE DB Destination [9]] Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR. An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80040E2F. An OLE DB record is available. Source: "Microsoft SQL Native Client" Hresult: 0x80040E2F Description: "The statement has been terminated.". An OLE DB record is available. Source: "Microsoft SQL Native Client" Hresult: 0x80040E2F Description: "Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PK_tbl_TATASAN_temp'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.tbl_tatasen_temp'.".

However, I am getting the same connection error when i run the ssis package as a job. do you know if i need to change the excel file connection string as this is a 64 bit environment ?

The current string is:Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=K:\upload\Tatasen.xls;Extended Properties="Excel 8.0;HDR=YES";

Many thanks !

I suggest you read this article for 64-bit info.

Your other error is unrelated - you are trying to insert data with a PK which is already present in the destination table.

- Martin Rees
    - Phil Parkin

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply