DTS which is not running by Schedule

• Dear All,

I am very Strugging with a DTS which is not running by Schedule.

1.DTS connect to sysbase database;sybase database connectivity is fine, all sybase enviornment are placed properly

2.DTS running manully without error but by schedule it is giving error of Sybase system driver.

3.we use xp_cmdshell 'DTSRun /S /E "DTS_name"' command in job schedular.

4.job is running by SQL server agent services login.

5.kindly suggest on this

Regards,
    Shivrudra W

• What is your error? does the service account for SQL server Agent have access to sybase?

Dan

If only I could snap my figures and have all the correct indexes apear and the buffer clean and.... Start day dream here.

• It would seem that it may be a permission problem, due to the process working when ran manually. I do beleve that is what your have explaned right?

Anthony K. Johnson

• Is this in SQL 2000? You posted in a 2008 forum, so wondering if I need to move it.

If it works manually, are you running it from the server or from your workstation? Have you tried running it logged in as the Agent account, which is what would need to load the drivers and make connections.

• this DTS is created by SQL server 2000 but but after migration on databases on 2008 this DTS is also moved but not migrated in SSIS by using SQL 2000 DTS Designer componant we have placed same 2000 DTS on 2008.

Regards,
    Shivrudra W

• Error While running by job shedule

DTSRun: Loading...

DTSRun: Executing...

DTSRun OnStart: DTSStep_DTSExecuteSQLTask_1

DTSRun OnFinish: DTSStep_DTSExecuteSQLTask_1

DTSRun OnStart: DTSStep_DTSDataPumpTask_1

DTSRun OnError: DTSStep_DTSDataPumpTask_1, Error = -2147467259 (80004005)

Error string: Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error 126 (Sybase System 11).

Error source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers

Help file:

Help context: 0

Error Detail Records:

Error: -2147467259 (80004005); Provider Error: 160 (A0)

Error string: Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error 126 (Sybase System 11).

Error source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers

Help file:

Help context: 0

DTSRun OnFinish: DTSStep_DTSDataPumpTask_1

DTSRun: Package execution complete.

NULL

kindly note sybase sytem 11 drivers are configured allready.

When i Run DTS thouth DTS designer data is uploaded successfully it means no problem with sybase driver.

I have doubt about scheduling is any parameter is missing.

Regards,
    Shivrudra W

• If you right click and execute, it's running from your workstation, not the server. To be sure that it is running correctly, you would have to run the designer from the server, and be logged in as the SQL Agent account.

• I right click and execute, it's running from server; I didnt tested it in workstation.

yes,I logged on servr by same login which used to start SQL agent service.

Regards,
    Shivrudra W

• Dear all

can you just suggest how to schedule this SQL server 2000 DTS in SQL server 2008 without using T-sql command like xp_cmdshell 'dtsrun /s /u /p '"DTS_NAME"''

Regards,
    Shivrudra W

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply