DTS Question: Is this possible?

• I am setting up a package that will export data from a table to a text file. My dilemna is that I need to tell the package what to export. For example, I only want records that are dated within the range that my client enters on an .asp page. I thought I was on the right track with a Data Driven Query Task, but I can't enter a variable as the value for the Input Global Variable, at least not so far.

Does anyone know a solution to this problem? I am a web developer who knows a little about SQL Server, but I need to know so much more!!

Thanks so much,

Michelle

• You could have your ASP page enter the query parameters into a database table then start the DTS package. The package could read the parameters with an execute SQL task.

"I met Larry Niven at ConClave 27...AND I fixed his computer. How cool is that?"

(Memoirs of a geek)

"I met Larry Niven at ConClave 27...AND I fixed his computer. How cool is that?"
    (Memoirs of a geek)

• I passed my variables from asp page to a user stored procedure which in turn created a DTS package (sp_OACreate 'DTS.Package') which set the global variables using (sp_OASetProperty). Works great, its all in the BOL

A.S.

MCSE, ASE, DBA

Webmaster

Applications Developer

• Thanks for the help! I am going to give both ideas a try and see how they each work out!

Michelle

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply