DTS Package running slow

• Hi

This is regarding a DTS Package which contains a single table X. Source DB is DB2, I have configured and designed using DTS Import/Export Wizard for this data transfer.

In Source DB, DB2 contains 60 Lakhs of records and it takes around 40 hours to transfer this data. Table contains 43 columns. Is it possible to minimise this 40 hours to within a day atleast ?

I have taken the following options already.

1) Dboption for "Select into/BulkCopy" is enabled.2) Autoshrink DBOption is disabled. 3) Enough Initial size of data and log is provided.4) There are no constraint as we are dropping and recreating the destination table.

5) Use Fast Load Option is checked in DTS Package. 6) One transformation for all columns is used.

Do I need to check any other option? Any DBA's help please...

Thanks,

Adi

• Hi,

Better check your Server configuration. If it is good then u can go for some other way.

Better write the data form DB2 into a Data file with delimiters and from the data file u can move to SQL Server. I think that will be faster.

Note: Use Bulk insert

All the best!!!

Kindest Regards,

Saravanan V
    geocities.com

• Hi

Thanks for your reply. Server configuration is good.

I will try to do this option of writing to a Data file and moving it to SQL Server  but is it possible to improve the DTS Package as it is existing one.

I hope DTS Package also in turn uses Bulk Insert only.

Regards,

Adi

• Hi

Thanks for your reply. Server configuration is good.

I will try to do this option of writing to a Data file and moving it to SQL Server  but is it possible to improve the DTS Package as it is existing one.

I hope DTS Package also in turn uses Bulk Insert only.

Regards,

Adi

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply