DTS package fails when executed in a job

• Hello!

I have the following problem:

If I execute a DTS package directly, it runs perfectly well. But if I execute it via a Job, it fails with the following error:

DTSStep_DTSDataPumpTask_4, Error = -2147467259 (80004005) [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified.

I've migrated the package and the job from a old Windows 2000 Server with SQL Server 2000 to a new Windows 2003 Server, also with SQL Server 2000.

The package and the job are both executed as 'sa'.

The ODBC Driver that is used in the package is installed and the DSN exists.

The package transfers data from an AS/400 DB2 to SQL Server.

The SQL Server 2000 is started under the 'Local System'-Account.

I've searched via google for quite a few hours now but I couldn't find an answer.

I thank you in advance for helping me!

PS: Please excuse my poor english, I'm from Austria, so it's not my mother tongue.

• Hello,

It could be a permissions issue. Did you try testing with the SQL Agent running under a Domain Account?

Regards,

John Marsh

PS: This MSDN article specifically recommends using a Domain Account rather than the Local System Account: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms191543.aspx

PPS: It is a System DSN isn’t it?

www.sql.lu
    SQL Server Luxembourg User Group

• Hi,

Take a look at this article, it is a bit dated but does go through most of the reasons why you'd have this problem. It has helped me in the past.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms191543.aspx

Jinx.

• Hello!

Thank you! The problem isn't there anymore when I run the Agent under a domain account.

• Hello,

Glad to hear my suggestion solved your issue.

Best regards,

John Marsh

www.sql.lu
    SQL Server Luxembourg User Group

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply