DTS Package Executes, Scheduled Job Does Not SQL 2000

• I have a package that copies data from one server/database to another server/database.  This previously worked on another SQL Server {we changed the 'from' server} I manually re-created the packages on the new server.  The server I'm copying to is not within my domain {access via IP address}.  The scheduled job fails with the following message.  Interestingly, the job for a DTS package from this server to a server in the domain performing the same actions {everything the same except for the Copy to Server} works.  A batch file that executes the package appears to work as well; only the job fails.

Executed as user: SFCVB\Administrator. ...t: DTSStep_DTSTransferObjectsTask_1 DTSRun OnProgress: DTSStep_DTSTransferObjectsTask_1; Scripting objects for Transfer; PercentComplete = 0; ProgressCount = 0 DTSRun OnProgress: DTSStep_DTSTransferObjectsTask_1; Scripting Logins; PercentComplete = 0; ProgressCount = 0 DTSRun OnProgress: DTSStep_DTSTransferObjectsTask_1; Scripting Users; PercentComplete = 0; ProgressCount = 0 DTSRun OnProgress: DTSStep_DTSTransferObjectsTask_1; Enumerating objects for Transfer; PercentComplete = 0; ProgressCount = 0 DTSRun OnProgress: DTSStep_DTSTransferObjectsTask_1; Enumerating objects for Transfer : 0 Percent Completed; PercentComplete = 0; ProgressCount = 0 DTSRun OnProgress: DTSStep_DTSTransferObjectsTask_1; 0 Percent Completed; PercentComplete = 0; ProgressCount = 0 DTSRun OnProgress: DTSStep_DTSTransferObjectsTask_1; Enumerating objects for Transfer : 10 Percent Completed; PercentComplete = 10; ProgressCount = 0... Process Exit Code 1. The step failed.

• The job is going to execute under 1 of 2 contexts. If it's owned by sa or a member of the sysadmin fixed server role, it's going to execute as whatever the SQL Server Agent account is. If it's owned by a login that is not a member of the sysadmin fixed server role, it's going to execute under the context of the SQL Server Proxy Agent account (if this has been set). This can differ from when you run it, either through EM or via a batch file. In those cases it executes under your login (and in the case of EM, on the system where EM is running).

Currently, this job is executing under the following context:

SFCVB\Administrator

Does this Windows login have the rights necessary to perform the operations the DTS package calls for?

K. Brian Kelley
    @kbriankelley

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply