dts isqlw slow

• Hi everyone,

I try to export data from our current server 2000 and import thoses data into another server sql server 7.0. I use the task execute process in dts to export and import the data. This task use isqlw to execute a file for exporting and importing using bcp utility.

I find out that using dts are 3 times slower than using query analyzer (utility) executing the same script for exporting and importing the same data.What i noticed in Entreprise Manager is that dts use the library tcp/ip while query analyzer use name pipe.

My question here is how can we force dts to use name pipe instead ?

Here are the detail of the execute process task :

win32 process: C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn\isqlw.exe

Parameters : -Sserver -Usa -PsaPassword -dmaster -i"c:\acdv_bcp.sql" -o"c:\acdv_bcp.out"

And here are the code of the script acdv_bcp.sql :

use test

go

DECLARE c_table insensitive CURSOR FOR

SELECT name, user_name(uid)

FROM   sysobjects

WHERE  type IN ('U') AND name != 'dtproperties' AND id IN

(SELECT id FROM sysindexes

WHERE indid IN (1, 0)

AND OBJECTPROPERTY(id, 'IsUserTable') = 1

AND rowcnt != 0)

DECLARE @Tname varchar(60)

DECLARE @Uname varchar(60)

DECLARE @stmt varchar(255)

OPEN c_table FETCH c_table INTO @Tname, @Uname

WHILE (@@fetch_status != - 1)

BEGIN

IF (@Uname = 'dbo')

BEGIN

SELECT @stmt = 'bcp.exe test.' + @Uname + '.' + @Tname + ' out c:\sqsdata\' + @Uname + '_' + @Tname + '.bcp -n -b1000 -Sserver -U test -P test'

EXEC master..xp_cmdshell @stmt

SELECT     @stmt = 'bcp.exe acdv.' + @Uname + '.' + @Tname + ' in c:\sqsdata\' + @Uname + '_' + @Tname + '.bcp -n  -b1000 -Sserver3 -U acdv -P acdv'

END

ELSE

BEGIN

SELECT     @stmt = 'bcp.exe test.' + @Uname + '.' + @Tname + ' out c:\sqsdata\' + @Uname + '_' + @Tname + '.bcp -n  -b1000 -Sserver -U' + @Uname + ' -P' + @Uname

SELECT     @stmt = 'bcp.exe acdv.' + @Uname + '.' + @Tname + ' in c:\sqsdata\' + @Uname + '_' + @Tname + '.bcp -n  -b1000 -Sserver3 -U' + @Uname + ' -P' + @Uname

END

FETCH c_table INTO @Tname, @Uname

END

CLOSE c_table

DEALLOCATE c_table

go

Hope that somebody can give me a hint or suggestion on this. Best regards, Tran

• [Edit] ahh, nevermind, just noticed the cross-server requirement. Mental note to self, read entire post before replying.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply