Downloading from IBM MQ into SQL Server 2000

• [I'm sorry if this is an inappropriate question for here; I'm sort of a newbie here and I did some looking around to reduce the odds of asking a dumb question or one that's already been addressed.]

My challenge involves downloading files from a IBM Websphere MQ (Message Queue) into a SQL Server 2000 database, so that the latter acts as a sort of server to which the other end of the connection uploads files when they become available.

For lack of brilliant insights, I may have to do this with a .NET interface that sucks on the MQ pipe and spits up into the SQL Server 2000 database, but I'm going to feel pretty stupid doing this if it turns out there's already a known technique for linking a SQL Server 2000 database directly to MQ.

TIA

Regards,

Andre Gous
    Founder, CEO, Chief Geek
    Precision Quality Software, Inc.

Divisions include:
    FallonWebSites.com
    NevadaPaperless.com

• You're describing exactly what we had to do in an app we wrote a few years ago. We had a .net service that monitored the queue and pulled the xml out of websphere and passed it to SQL Server. In sql I think we used openxml to open the document up and consume it. Make sure you destroy your the document within sql when you're done as you'll end up with a collasal memory leak if you don't.

• Mike, that's very helpful. Thank you.

So, there's no "inside-SQL 2000" way of doing this, I gather.

Would you be open to selling the .NET source code (priced so as to be royalty-free, and I'll assume responsibility for anything that screws up) for me to use as a basis for my own app?

Regards,

Andre Gous
    Founder, CEO, Chief Geek
    Precision Quality Software, Inc.

Divisions include:
    FallonWebSites.com
    NevadaPaperless.com

• Let me see if I can dig that code up. I've since switched jobs but might have saved a copy. If not I can get in touch with someone else who might have it. Please send me an email and we can work on this outside of the forum.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply