Does anybody know ?

• I'm using stored procedures xp_startmail, xp_sendmail and xp_stopmail to send emails from SQL server to different email addresses.

Most of the time, every thing is Ok and emails are sent. But sometimes, i get following error ....

ODBC: Msg 0, Level 19, State 1

SqlDumpExceptionHandler: Process 55 generated fatal exception c0000005 EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION. SQL Server is terminating this process.

I have no idea what's wrong. I'm using SQL Server 2000 with Service Pack 2.

I would really appreciate your help.

Thnx.

Mack

• Sorry, this is one of those things that is very difficult to track down. One thing you might do is before you run the process that fails is save off a copy of the sysprocesses table. At least that might help track down which thing fails.

Other than the logs, this is hard to track because it could be a hardware issue as well, like a bad spot in memory or perhaps a bug in mail.

Steve Jones

steve@dkranch.net

• Are you starting and stopping the mail a lot? I leave mine running always. I'd log the line before the xp_sendmail with all the params, may find that one ends up with a "funny" char or something.

Andy

• We've seen this error on occasion with SQL Server 2000 (SP1) but while it occurs with SQLMail, it's an ODBC error. For our environment it occurs so infrequently (twice in eight months for 10 SQL Server 2000 servers with the error not occuring on the same server) that we've not been able to troubleshoot it. We're not entirely sure the cause either, so if you find out something, please follow up!

K. Brian Kelley

bkelley@sqlservercentral.com

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/bkelley/

K. Brian Kelley
    @kbriankelley

• When thinks like this occurr there is a stack dump to the Error Log, it will look something like this.

0x0047f904 Module(sqlservr+7f904) (CCvtTree::PdrgcidGetColumns+c)

0x006a7c97 Module(sqlservr+2a7c97) (CCvtTree::BuildGbAll+5d8)

0x006a64d7 Module(sqlservr+2a64d7) (CCvtTree::CorrelatedAgg+259)

0x00588bf7 Module(sqlservr+188bf7) (CCvtTree::PexprBuildFrom+3d6)

Find it and post, may be able to get some idea. Also can you post details on what you process does as far as queries connection and code, this can be bennificial.

Don't roll your eyes at me. I will tape them in place.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply