disk report

• can any one send me the script of how to fnid the disk report of used , total size and avaialble space on all drives on a server ?

• Sorry I dont have one atm, maybe someone less busy will have time to find one for you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [highlight]Recommended Articles on How to help us help you and[/highlight]
    [highlight]solve commonly asked questions[/highlight]

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help by Jeff Moden[/url]
    Managing Transaction Logs by Gail Shaw[/url]
    How to post Performance problems by Gail Shaw[/url]
    Help, my database is corrupt. Now what? by Gail Shaw[/url]

• the script repository here at SSC also has some scripts that would be of use. Check those out too. Download a few and find the one you like best.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Hi,

Stored below code in .VBS file & run file

You can change parameter (Disk.FreeSpace/Disk.Size) < 0.30 in script

Set DiskSet = GetObject("winmgmts:{impersonationLevel=impersonate}").ExecQuery("select FreeSpace,Size,Name from Win32_LogicalDisk where DriveType=3")

for each Disk in DiskSet

If (Disk.FreeSpace/Disk.Size) < 0.30 Then

WScript.Echo "Drive " + Disk.Name + " Total Size = " + Disk.Size + " The Free Space = " + Disk.FreeSpace + " MB"

End If

Next

Regards,

Deepali

• I used Google. Found http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic113227-5-1.aspx which contains a script to do what you ask. The people in the thread seemed impressed with it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply