Disaster Recovery

• Hi all,

Can any body tell me abt this. I have a two servers. ServerCAL and ServerMD.

ServerCAL is the production box. In this many jobs are running like backup and optimization. One thought came in my mind that assume the ServerCAL is down due to some problem. With the existing backup of systemDB and UserDB's, I want to restore these backups into ServerMD(future production box).

Can anybody tell me how to Restore Master and other databases. I tried to Start the SErverMD in single user mode and restored the Master database from backup taken from ServerCAL. But when MAster databsae is restored SQL Server Automatically stops to service. When I try to restart it to restore rest of the databses, I could not start the service because the Server name differs.

I need help from you all to restore all databases without any issues. Help is much appreciated.

• Aayush,

Frank McBath has very good article on this, Check this link, I think this will be useful to you.

http://www.informit.com/articles/article.asp?p=27566

Kindest Regards,

Sameer Raval [Sql Server DBA]
    Geico Insurance
    RavalSameer@hotmail.com

• This artcile shows example through rebuildm utility. my case is i have master databsae backup through this i want to restore other databases.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply