Different Query_id for same query (from Querystore)

• Hi,

Is there a reason for having different query_ids for same SP/query from Querystore.

I understand that for each query id, there could be different plans (plan_ids), we will have an option to pin one plan for the query_id in Querystore. But for same stored procedure, there were different queryids (from sys.query_store_plan & sys.query_store_query). I wasnt able to force an execution plan.

can anyone help me understand on how it can have multiple queryids for same query.

• This topic was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by  cooldude001.
  • Different connection settings? (ansi nulls, ...)

• Thanks for the reply, There's only one connection string.

All the connections are only coming thru app and settings should be consistent for all the sessions.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by  cooldude001.
  • Check all the settings as suggested. Maybe an application server is misconfigured and using different ANSI settings. Look at the query_hash values to make sure they're the same. Normal behavior, with everything being truly identical, you won't see this. So, something is off. Go and look for it. Don't assume.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply