Deploying SSIS Packages

• I have migrated all of the 2K packages that I have and need to deploy them to the server.  This is where I run into loss of knowledge.  I used to just right click and say schedule.  now I need to deploy.  Does someone have a good resource that takes you through scheduling DTS packages.  I am not talking some powerpoint.  I need more detail to understand how this works.  I tried to find some books but they are not to be out till Feb 2006.  If anyone has done it maybe they can just tell me the steps and how it all works.  This is kind of an overwelming change so I need lots of help.

• I would try out this site:

http://www.sqlis.com/

It is the ssis equivalent of the sqldts.com site

------------------------------
    The Users are always right - when I'm not wrong!

• JKSQL - Here's one option for you.  Create a Deployment Utility (see BOL ms-help://MS.SQLCC.v9/MS.SQLSVR.v9.en/extran9/html/354322a4-ae8c-4d92-8e71-42d29dbd0614.htm).  Basically, in BI Studio you go into the properties for the project.  Do this by right-clicking the project in Solution Exlporer. Goto the Deployment Utility node and set CreateDeploymentUtility to true.  Then re-build your project.  Out in your file system where you have the project located, under the bin folder will be a Deployment folder.  In that folder will be all your packages and a <your project name>.SSISDeploymentManifest file.  This is just an XML file but when you double click it, a wizard will start up and ask where and how to deploy your packages.  After you deploy them , you'll have to create some Sql Server Agent Jobs to execute them on a schedule.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply