Deploying DTSX Package

• I'm somewhat new to 2005 and SSIS.  In the past, I had a DTS package which simply imported data from Excel into a table.  Inside my ASP page, I used the following code to execute the package from the web...

set objDTSPackage = Server.CreateObject("DTS.Package")

objDTSPackage.LoadFromSQLServer "MYSERVER", "USER", "PSWD", DTSSQLStgFlag_Default, "", "", "", "package_name"

objDTSPackage.Execute

My question is this... How can I execute the DTSX package that I have created to do the same procedure?  Is there an object like the one I used above, or can this not be done?  Thanks

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• I haven't worked with it yet, but I just finished reading about the new managed code interface. The new class name is Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime. It has an encapsulated class called Package. You just have to instantiate one of those and call execute, just like in your sample code.

Again, I haven't done it yet, so I can't provide pitfalls, best practices, etc., but hopefully that'll prove helpful.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• Does anyone have sample code?  I've been struggling with this for about half a day now an dI can't find a direct way to execute my DTSx package.  I've found I can do it via a command line parameter but that really won't work well for our application.

thanks in advance,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply