Delete record from table with ID and rownumber

• Hello,

I will try my best to explain this, We have a shopping cart on our website, the person that was developing this has now left the company and I've been given the job to finish it off.

When I load all the items that the user has entered in to his/her cart I return the Item ID and the RowNumber (ROW_NUMBER() OVER (Order by Id) AS RowNumber)

I'm trying to delete the item from the table using the following query

DELETE FROM [dbo].[Cart.Items] WHERE UniqueID = UniqueID and ItemID = @ItemID and @RowNumber IN (

SELECT ROW_NUMBER() OVER (Order by Id) AS RowNumber)

Now the reason we are using the RowNumber is because the user can add the same Item as many times as they like so for example you buy 3 different mobile phones, and you want three screen protectors, they will click screen protector 3 times which will add 3 records in to the db with the same id. so the row number is used to find the correct one.

But the above delete is not working can someone point/help me with this delete query

• OK so it turns I'm out I'm and idiot, I had an ID (Identity column) which I can reference, now sure why he was using Row_Number but any how got it working.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply