Daylight saving time and SQL agent

• In preparation of the Daylight Savings changes that are occurring on March 11 at 2:00am we are looking at impact to SQL agent jobs.

A topic came up about SQL Jobs & Scheduled Tasks that are scheduled within the 2:00 am hour. At 2:00am, the system time is changed to 3:00 am. What do we need to do to ensure that any job scheduled in that window isn't missed (and in turn not duplicated in the spring, when 2:00am it rolled back to 1:00am)?

Thanks

• Two options that I can think of:

1. Reschedule the jobs so they don't fall in the 0100 to 0300 time frame.

2. Create two jobs for each one. MyJob and MyJob_DST. The Schedule Tab allows you to set a start and end date. You can set each job to start and end during its appropriate dates.

-SQLBill

• Thanks for the reply. Do you know if sql agent will skip a job if it is past its run window? Or will it realize that it was missed and run the job? I have tried googling this and have not found a definitive answer.

Bryan

• My personal experience is the job is skipped and will run at its next scheduled time.

Michelle

• It will skip it. That's why you have the option to enter a window for the job to run.

-SQLBill

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply