Date time errors using import wizard

• The company I work for has a number of access databases that track QC and production information.  We are moving them to a new SQL server everything goes smoothly except for the date time fields.  Is there a good articles or reference I could get to learn more about this problem.  I have a two-week time frame and I really don’t know the information to post on this forum so you can help me out.  I have done some querying in t-sql but DTS is new to me. 

Cory Lee McRae

This is the error :

Error at Destination for Row number 279, Errors encountered so far in this task: 1.

Insert error, column 33 (‘PostCureDate’, DBTYPE_DBTIMESTAMP), status 6: data overflow Invalid character value for cast specification

• Not that I know too much about DTS. But this looks like a problem with your original data like the error message says. You might want to take a look at the row that caused the error and correct it or post the results you find here again.

Useful might also be SQLDTS.com

--
    Frank Kalis
    Microsoft SQL Server MVP
    Webmaster: http://www.insidesql.org/blogs
    My blog: http://www.insidesql.org/blogs/frankkalis/[/url]

• Thanks for the input I am looking in to that column now.  Is there a way to check for data conformity some query maybe?  This is not a huge database, but there over a 1000 records and looking at each individual one could get pretty taxing.  I am looking for things myself but I am pretty clueless on DTS things.

Cory McRae

• So looking further that error means that a date is out of range.  Meaning not between 1/1/1753 to Dec. 31, 9999

Or for small date time not between Jan. 1, 1900 to June 6, 2079

I ran a query for all dates not in that range and found a few that had been miss typed I fixed them and now it works fine

Cory McRae

Thanks for the help

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply