Database Mirroring using SQL Server 2005

• Hi,

I have configured the Database Mirroring having principal , mirror and witness in 3 different servers which is in the same network and domain. My configuration of Database Mirroring using SQL Server 2005 was successfull, but the auto failover from principal to mirror is not happening once i stop the sql server for 5 mins.

Earlier i had set up the same scenario using the same stepts, it was working and auto failover was happening if i stop the sql server agent of the principal, now its not happening.

All the 3 servers, principal, mirror and witness has same login and pwd for the system, and the DB also has the same login [sa] and pwd.

I was able to to Manual Failover and the data was in Synchronize, but the automatic failover is not happening. Pls help me.

I am not getting any error.

Please help me what need to be checked and why its not happening.

I need one more information, if my database is in disconnected mode and i am able to execute a query or SP using SSMS can i have the access to the same DB if this DB has been connected to an Application.

With Regards

Dakshina Murthy

• Few things to check if automatic failover is not taking place:

1) Both servers can see witness.

2) Your mirroring is set to automatic failover.

SELECT *

FROM sys.database_mirroring

Columns of interest: mirroring_witness_state_desc, mirroring_safety_level_desc

Thanks.

Mohit.

[font="Arial"]---

Mohit K. Gupta, MCITP: Database Administrator (2005), My Blog, Twitter: @SQLCAN[/url].
    Microsoft FTE - SQL Server PFE

* Some time its the search that counts, not the finding...
    * I didn't think so, but if I was wrong, I was wrong. I'd rather do something, and make a mistake than be frightened and be doing nothing. :smooooth:[/font]

How to ask for help .. Read Best Practices here[/url].

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply