@FROM ='abc@xxxxt.com',

@TO ='fgh@exxx.com',

@server='x.x.x.x',

@subject='test',

@message='test',

@type = N'text/plain'

Iam getting this below error

Msg 17750, Level 16, State 0, Procedure xp_smtp_sendmail, Line 1

Could not load the DLL xpsmtp80.dll, or one of the DLLs it references. Reason: 126(The specified module could not be found.).

Please Provide some solution to fix this

Iam using Sql 2005 Enterprise Edition

Thanks in advance

• Kincly check whether your database mail services has been enable. chekc the settings in Surface Area configuration - features

Regards
    Durai Nagarajan

• sivark1 (5/14/2010)

exec master.dbo.xp_smtp_sendmail

@FROM ='abc@xxxxt.com',

@TO ='fgh@exxx.com',

@server='x.x.x.x',

@subject='test',

@message='test',

@type = N'text/plain'

try using sp_send_dbmail in sql 2k5 . xp_smtp_sendmail

exists in sql 2000

-------Bhuvnesh----------
    I work only to learn Sql Server...though my company pays me for getting their stuff done;-)

• which sql server 2005 Service pack you have ?

I work only to learn Sql Server...though my company pays me for getting their stuff done;-)

• refer this also http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941105

• Hi Thanks for replies

i have checked database mail services has been enabled

checked the settings in Surface Area configuration - features

Iam using Sql server 2005 Sp2 Dev Edition

Any other suggessions or links please

Thanks in advance

• xp_smtp_sendmail is a thrid party stored procedure and is not installed by default (though it has become the defacto method of sending email)

It has nothing to do with database mail.

See here for the download and install instructions.

http://www.sqldev.net/downloads/xpsmtp/default.html

....alternatively use sp_send_dbmail as suggested - it doesn't require you to install DLL's on your server.

• i configured database mail in sql 2005 after configuring when i send a test mail throwing error loke

The mail could not be sent to the recipients because of the mail server failure. (Sending Mail using Account 21 (2010-05-19T10:30:22). Exception Message: Cannot send mails to mail server. (The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated. The server response was: 5.5.1 Authentication Required. Learn more at ).

)

please suggest past 4 days i am searching not able to fix .

thanks in advance

• Do you know if your SMTP server requires authentication? If so do you know what the username/password is, and did you configure database mail to use it?

Go through the troubleshooting on this page:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/153119

Make sure you are running this from your SQL Server.

• if i configure datbase mail iam getting another error

error:

ate5/19/2010 12:13:49 PM

LogDatabase Mail (Database Mail Log)

Log ID125

Process ID5072

Last Modified5/19/2010 12:13:49 PM

Last Modified ByNT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

1) Exception Information

===================

Exception Type: Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlIMail.Server.Common.BaseException

Data: System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal

TargetSite: Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlIMail.Server.Controller.ICommand CreateSendMailCommand(Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlIMail.Server.DataAccess.DBSession)

HelpLink: NULL

Source: DatabaseMailEngine

StackTrace Information

===================

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlIMail.Server.Controller.CommandFactory.CreateSendMailCommand(DBSession dbSession)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlIMail.Server.Controller.CommandFactory.CreateCommand(DBSession dbSession)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlIMail.Server.Controller.CommandRunner.Run(DBSession db)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlIMail.IMailProcess.ThreadCallBack.MailOperation(Object o)

what it mean and what is the solution to fix

thakns in advance

• I thought you already configured database mail? Are you still getting the original error or are you getting both?

You will need to be methodical to solve the issue.

• Most time we set DB mail SMTP Authentication to be Anonymous authentication since we don't want set email accounts for every SQL Server running on different account.

However, there is one option, which specify 'Require sender to be authenticated', need to be uncheck on user email account on EXCHANGE Server. When you open account property, it should be in mail restriction property setting on mail-flow tab. (By default, it is unchecked)

No Signature

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply