database connection could not be established!

• Hello there!

Will anyone help me to connect to my DB again? SQLserver is started, services are up and running but when using EM to connect to the database,  I get the following error message:

A connection could not be established to [...DbName]

Reason: SQL server does not exist or access denied. ConnectionOpen ((Connect()).

I check firewall, port use by instance...

Thanks

• it's been four hours and nobody has helped... I see you are online now.  Have you connected?  Was there anything going on before you could not connect?  Is it an option to reboot your client?  How about the server? 

Sorry I don't have an answer either; but let us know what you've tried and found out.

Thank-you,
    David Russell
    Any Cloud, Any Database, Oracle since 1982

• Have you tried connecting to the database via cmd prompt...PLS ensure you are mapped to the correct osql path.

1. osql  -Sservername  -E .......to use a trusted connection and if that doesnt work then if that fails then

2. define your connection and its port using the network utility and it should be ok if all else fails

3.then you may have login access issues make sure you are a user on the server as well as added to the database.

pls use sqlping to determine the correct port and instance for your server

• When I get this error message it is usualy telling me that the dbservername cannot be resolved.  I usually start at the network layer with a ping of the dbservername and the ip address.  nslookup can be helpful if DNS is not correct.  Check client protocols and serer protocols, verify ports and pipes listened on and connected to.  telnet to the dbservername using the correct port.  Hopefuly you are connected by now if not hollar back.

• Can you connect using the IP?  Does tracert <servername> connect?  I recently had a similar problem and ended up having to put entries into my hosts file as for some reason (even the network guys didn't know) if I tried to tracert the server name it went outside our network!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Normal chaos will be resumed as soon as possible. :crazy:

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply