Data Mining Part 32:The Microsoft Data Mining Enemies

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Data Mining Part 32:The Microsoft Data Mining Enemies

• Nice overview. Thanks.

• Thanks for doing the research. I didn't realize there were so many data mining tools out there.

• Thanks guys, I will appreciate you to rate the article.

• I don't think "R" is an "enemy" if it's going to be included as a new feature in SQL Server 2016.

• If you can't beat them, join them.

• No discussion of Azure Machine Learning (AML)? It seems Microsoft has dropped development of Data Mining as Legacy and is focused on AML. I was at a session for one of the creators and program managers for AML and he didn't even seem to know that SSAS Data Mining existed.

• Hate to nit pick but:

"Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer".

Was not Sun Tzu or Machiavelli it was...

Mario Puzo, author of the Godfather books.

• The quotes are in the Godfather, the Prince and the Art of the war.

• Mario Puzo's "Godfather" was the original quote.

The reference in the Startrek movie that it was from an Arab Prince was fictitious.

It sounds like you would find it in Sun Tzu, but its not. If you find it there it was put in there by the translator well after the Godfather movie came out. I know its hard to believe that someone this century could come up with a quote like that no one else has said, but it you do some google searches you well see that its true.

The quote came from Mario Puzo's book the "Godfather".

• Correction, In the startrek movie they actually were referencing "The enemy of my enemy...", my bad, but it is still not in the book the "Prince".

• Hahahah....you are right. I read the Prince and the Art of the war a long time ago. Many sites believe that they are the authors. Thanks.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply