Data driven query task equivalent in SSIS

• if (DTSSource("crdt_hd_indcr") = "Y") then

DTSDestination("iStatusId") = 101421'Hold

else

DTSDestination("iStatusId")= 328'Active

end if

i've the above ActiveX script transformation script in the Data driven query task of a DTS package.

I'm upgrading the DTS package having the above script to SSIS package.

How can i achieve the above functionality in the SSIS i.e which task should i use in SSIS.

• You have to use script component transformation for this. Connect o/p source to script component,

then inside script component,

IF trim(Row.crdt_hd_indcr) = "Y") then

Row. iStatusId = value

else

Row. iStatusId = value

like this...

VG

• Hi VG, thanks for ur reply.

Should i add script component after the OLE db source and connect Script component to it and then connect OLE db destination to the script component

or

connect OLE db destination to OLE db source and then connect script component to that OLE db Destination.

i've the script you have given me to the script component.

It is giving the following error:

'crdt_hd_indcr' is not a member of 'scriptComponect_......Input0Buffer'.

should i declare that before that script you have given me.

If so please give me how to declare it.

please dont mind i'm new to this.

Thanks in advance.

• First option.

Source - script - destination.

'crdt_hd_indcr' is this a variable or column in a source ? IF it is a source column, the moment you type Row, all the column should pop up (intellisense).

VG

• Hi VG,

I removed the underscores then that error is gone. I think it doesn't accept underscores. But the error is still with the IStatusId which is a destination column.

I added in the source-script component-destination order as you said.

But how is the script component going to know about the destination columns if we give in that order

Plz help me out.

• What is corresponding IsStatusID source column ? .....Map this column ( output from script component) to destination column in destination . Script component is transformation between source and destination if you want apply any other logic here...

VG

• Hi VG,

thankq very much...that worked out for me.

I've one more doubt can you give me the code for the following ActiveX script task in data driven query task of DTS package

DTSGlobalVariables("WINCompanyCode").Value = DTSSource("co_cd")

DTSGlobalVariables("BeaconCompanyId").Value = DTSSource("onyx_co_cd")

where WINCompanyCode and BeaconCompanyId are global variables and co_cd and onyx_co_cd are source columns in the data driven query task

Please help me out.

• Hi VG,

How can the below script be written in SSIS script component

if (DTSSource("onyx_co_cd") = 0 OR ISNULL(DTSSource("onyx_co_cd"))) then

DTSDestination("vchURL") = "I"

else

DTSDestination("vchURL") = "U"

end if

please help me out

• FOR GLobal variables:

in script component, "readonly variables" type your 2 variable names...gvVar1, gvVar2

Decalre local variable inside script component,

Dim sCol1 as string = Me.variables.gvVar1

Row.col1 = sCol1 (Col1 is your source column)

2nd solution:

If trim (Row.col1) = "0" or Row.Col1_IsNull = true

then

do this...

else

do this...

VG

• Hi VG,

thanq very much i hve one more issue

There is a lookup query in the data driven query task of DTS package i'm migrating . That lookup tab in the data driven query task has the following lookups ReferenceExtra and ReferenceChar.

And those lookups are used in the ActiveX script as following

DTSDestination("vchUser7")= DTSLookups("ReferenceExtra").Execute(67,DTSSource("mr_type"))'MR Type

DTSDestination("vchUser8")= DTSLookups("ReferenceChar").Execute(68,DTSSource("dunbrdst"))'Corp Acct

How can i write equivalent script in the Script component of SSIS.

Please help me out.

• Sorry, I don't know much about this...Ask a seperate question in this forum....

VG

• Hi VG,

U gave the script for global variables as

FOR GLobal variables:

in script component, "readonly variables" type your 2 variable names...gvVar1, gvVar2

Decalre local variable inside script component,

Dim sCol1 as string = Me.variables.gvVar1

Row.col1 = sCol1 (Col1 is your source column)

I think the above script is for inserting a values into the column from global variable but i want to assign value to a global variable from source column.

Can u give the exact script including the declaration for the script below that can be used in the script component of ssis

msgbox ("billing")

DTSGlobalVariables("WINCompanyCode").Value = DTSSource("co_cd")

DTSGlobalVariables("BeaconCompanyId").Value = DTSSource("onyx_co_cd")

please help me out

• Hi VG,

I've the following script in the activeX transformation mapping of the data driven query task of one of the DTS packages i'm upgrading to SSIS.

arr = Split(DTSSource("vchCOntactKey"),"~",3)

DTSGlobalVariables("WINCoCd").Value = arr(0)

DTSDestination("CNTCT_SEQ_NUM") =arr(1) & arr(2)

Can any one give the equivalent script for the above that I can use in the script component of the SSIS.

Thanks in advance.

• You really should be using a derived column component for these two issues. Don't use the script component unless you have to. Splitting and a conditional statement can both be done easily in a derived column expression.

• Hi thanx for your reply. What function should i use in the derived column...Is substring function same as the split function?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply