Cube summing/aggregating values incorrectly

• Please help...

I have a cube that is giving incorrect values via excel. With a sum and group-by query it gives me the right answers. The relations in the cube editor is right. I do not have null values. What else can it be?

• Are you excluding anything from the totals? The aggregates coming from Analysis Services are already aggregrated and are only for the full amounts. I don't actually know the way around this, but I'd imagine it requires MDX queries.

• The relation between the fact table and the dimention table should be fact table(many) and dimention table(one). I have it the other way around. We'll have to think of some other design to cater for the problem we have. The problem originates where we have to link up more than one fact table...which causes problems where it ends up in a many-to-many relation. Another rule that i am breaking is that i am using the cude for detail data. We have the management reports in MS Reporting Services that is published to a shared directory, and the detail thereof in the cube that can be accessed by the other people to have the breakdown of the figures. The figures balance on a summarized level, but not on a detail level. Thanks for the response.

• Have you read the white paper on some of the different ways to handle/implement many-to-many?  It may help you with some of your design questions.

It was written by Marco Russo, you can find it here.

Steve.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply