Cube Proecssing taking time due to Reference Dimension

• CUBE has 3 fact tables and dimensions , the Fact1 is act like a dimension for other two fact tables FACT2AND FACT3 using Reference Dimension.

FACT1 has dimension like Gender, OCCUPATION, Nationality, Alien Status, Alien Type etc.,

The same Dimension I need to use in FACT2 AND FACT3 tables using Reference Dimension.

So I am using FACT1 as a reference dimension.

Processing Time: Full process taking 2 hours and 40 min. if am doing process data its taking more than 5 hrs.

Primary Keys:

•Having PK on Fact1 table

•PK for FACT3 and index on Fact1 table join field

Counts:

•FACT1=23 MILLION,

•FACT2=170 MILLION

•FACT3=57 MILLION DATAS

Production:

The same cube took 1 hour and 30 min. in production for 10 days after that I have changed measure group process instead of whole cube then the problem was started. So again I have change process type to whole cube taking more than 4 hrs.

So please let me know what exactly the issue was and your suggestions.

The other fact tables in other cubes which is more than 100 million is processing within 30 min.

• Uncheck the Materialize option in the Dimension Designer Tab will solve your problem

• Uncheck the Materialize option in the Dimension Designer Tab will solve your problem

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply