creating SQL Server Maintenance PLan

• I have a SQL Server job that runs daily, and now i want that job to be transferred into the maintenance plan, so does any body know what are the steps. that daily job have 10-12 different steps.

• can someone help me please?

• What version of SQL Server are you running?

You will need to open up a new maintinace plan, and have the steps within the plan follow the type of steps done within the agent.

If step one executes a t-sql command, then drag a t-sql command to the maintinace task window and paste the code within it.

• to begin with ... you could create a maintanence plan and add TSQL execute task, where you could add the code you were running inside your SQL job.

for each step of your old job you could do that and then link them together be executed in the order you want....

-------------------------------------------------
    -Amit
    Give a man a fish and he'll ask for a lemon. Teach a man to fish and he wont get paged on weekends !! :w00t: - desparately trying to fish [/size]

• I am using 2005 version and i understand that i have to copy that script that is in the agent job to the maintenance plan job box but there is no way to specify what database should that particular job run?

• in the script put

use [databasename];

go

[insert remainder of the script]

• thanks a lot man.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply