corrupt dbo login account...

• I have several jobs that have started failing...they use "sa" and password to access different dbs.

When I checked the dbo security account...the login name is blank..which should be "sa"! How do I go about putting it back on the dbo account????

Thanks

A.S.

MCSE, ASE, DBA

Webmaster

Applications Developer

• Exec sp_changedbowner 'sa'

This will make the sa owner of the current database.

Markus

[font="Verdana"]Markus Bohse[/font]

• I don't think you understand...THERE IS NO "SA"...that's my problem!

I need a way to fillin the login name "sa" on the dbo account...

Thanks for the effort!

A.S.

MCSE, ASE, DBA

Webmaster

Applications Developer

• Rocker,

dbo is a database user, not a login. A login (sa) needs to be linked to this user.

sa on the otherhand is a SQL login and it cannot be deleted, at least not without editing the system tables.

Check in EM under security if the sa login really isn't listed anymore.

Markus

[font="Verdana"]Markus Bohse[/font]

• Okay...I see what your saying now....the "sa" still exist under securites but under the db users... a blank dbo acct is in the list...it was "sa" once upon a time.

I used Exec sp_changedbowner 'sa' and everything seems to be in working order again...

Thanks everyone!

A.S.

MCSE, ASE, DBA

Webmaster

Applications Developer

• I did Exec sp_changedbowner 'sa' to my database and refreshed the table and check in my object browser. I still have the table as dbo.tablename. I might not understand well enough about the owners concept. Thx.

• I think I understand the question. You are refering job owner, not object owner.

I had similar issues. I cannot see any better approach fixing them. I had to re-do or re-create jobs. I would like to know if anyone has better approach.

Many thanks in advance.

• Frances

The prefix "dbo" (dbo.tablename) specifies the user who owns the table .

whether it is a database owner or a user

hope you got this...

Thanks ,

Shekhar

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply