Corrupt Database

• Pretty simple:

Header corruptions (and all other types of page corruption) are almost always caused by IO subsystem issues.

The best ways to prepare are:

1) have a sound backup strategy

2) if need be, have a redundant system (database mirroring or log shipping) in place to allow failovers. Note the failover clusters DO NOT protect you from disk problems unless you use a geoclustering solution.

Thanks

Paul Randal
    CEO, SQLskills.com: Check out SQLskills online training!
    Blog:www.SQLskills.com/blogs/paul Twitter: @PaulRandal
    SQL MVP, Microsoft RD, Contributing Editor of TechNet Magazine
    Author of DBCC CHECKDB/repair (and other Storage Engine) code of SQL Server 2005

• Hi tuanta55,

If necessary, I think you can try a utility called Advanced Access Repair[/url] to repair your Access file. It works rather well for my corrupt Access files. It is not free, so you can use it at last. Hope this can help.

Alan

• fyz (5/16/2008)

Hi tuanta55,

If necessary, I think you can try a utility called Advanced Access Repair[/url] to repair your Access file. It works rather well for my corrupt Access files. It is not free, so you can use it at last. Hope this can help.

Alan

It's not an Access file we're talking about here - this is a SQL Server forum.

Paul Randal
    CEO, SQLskills.com: Check out SQLskills online training!
    Blog:www.SQLskills.com/blogs/paul Twitter: @PaulRandal
    SQL MVP, Microsoft RD, Contributing Editor of TechNet Magazine
    Author of DBCC CHECKDB/repair (and other Storage Engine) code of SQL Server 2005

• i was having the same error and i have recovered the data not with the backup but thru a third party tool u r rite (t-55) .......but sory i dnt rememeber the pwd

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply