Copy Only backup was failed ...

• HI ,

I tried to take the full backup of the database with the below command :

BACKUP DATABASE [Databasename] TO DISK = N'D:\backup\production\databasename.bak' WITH NOFORMAT, INIT, NAME = N'databasename-Full Database Backup', SKIP, NOREWIND, NOUNLOAD, STATS = 10,copy_only

After 90 percent completed , my backup was failed with the below error.

Error: 18210, Severity: 16, State: 1.

BackupMedium::ReportIoError: write failure on backup device 'C:\alldatabasesbackup\databasenamefull.bak'. Operating system error 112(error not found).

Error: 3041, Severity: 16, State: 1.

BACKUP failed to complete the command BACKUP DATABASE databasename. Check the backup application log for detailed messages.

Thanks,

Lavanya

• error 112 = you have run out of space on the disk

---------------------------------------------------------------------

• Thanks for the update .

I am wondering, my database size is 28 GB , i have 26 GB free space .But still why i am getting out of disks space error.

For 28GB database ,how much space is required [approximately]

Thanks

Lavanya

• run sp_spaceused whilst connected to the database, the value for reserved will closely approximate to the size of the backup, unless you have a LOT of active, uncommited transactions in the log file

---------------------------------------------------------------------

• Hi Lavanya,

@ George is correct error 122 is insufficient disk space.

if you want to confirm this please type in command line like: NET HELPMSG 112

check the backup drive again.. if you facing the same problem again provide some more information.

Thanks

Ganesh N

• Lavanyasri (6/19/2012)

Thanks for the update .

I am wondering, my database size is 28 GB , i have 26 GB free space .But still why i am getting out of disks space error.

For 28GB database ,how much space is required [approximately]

are you planning to maintain only one day full backup? just want to know the statergy.

kindly maintain some more free space because DB will definetely grow.

Regards
    Durai Nagarajan

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply