Convert PDF to EXCEL or CSV using SSIS or C# ?

• Hi there,

Is it possible to convert a PDF file containing a table to an EXCEL or CSV file using C# code?

I have NitroPDF that lets you convert it easily using their convert feature. I am trying to do this using C# code myself.

PDF file is also attached.

Check below screenshots:

pdffile

pdffile2

pdffile3

• This topic was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by  Jobs90312. Reason: attaching pdf file
  • As far as I know, C# cannot do this conversion natively.

NitroPDF does not appear to have an API, so its functions cannot be called from other applications. You'll have to look for a different solution (perhaps another related app which does have an API).

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence
    - Martin Rees
    The absence of consumable DDL, sample data and desired results is, however, evidence of the absence of my response
    - Phil Parkin

• Phil Parkin wrote:

As far as I know, C# cannot do this conversion natively.

NitroPDF does not appear to have an API, so its functions cannot be called from other applications. You'll have to look for a different solution (perhaps another related app which does have an API).

I found this: https://pdfrest.com/apitools/pdf-to-excel/

Is this a good option to use to download a pdf file daily and convert it to excel using this api from our application and then continue using the excel file?

• Looks promising, but I haven't used it.

You need to start doing some R&D.

Once you figure out how to code the REST calls you need, whacking that code into SSIS isn't too difficult.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence
    - Martin Rees
    The absence of consumable DDL, sample data and desired results is, however, evidence of the absence of my response
    - Phil Parkin

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply