Connection Manager in SSIS - Facing an issue

• Hi all,

I've a SSIS package which has many data flow tasks. Each data flow tasks pulls data from different sybase server source.

I also have a Email alert task in Event handling with onError as event handler.

Yesterday one of the sybase servers source was down and package failed at the compile time itself. So, event handling was not captured and Send Email Task was not executed.

I want the package should be executed and it should fail in the step where the sybase server is down. So I will receive an email alert indicating the server is down.

How this can be done? Any one can help on this?

Regards,

Ram

• How do you know that the package failed at the compile stage itself ?

I don't think the internal steps like sending an email will be triggered if the pckg fails at the compile time itself.

Use the Precedence constraints. Use on Success to go to the next step and On failure to send the email.

However if you have scheduled the package as a Job and if you didn't get an email through the Send mail task in the Pckg itself, then specify in the Job steps itself On Failure "Notify the Operator" so that you will still get that email.

Thank You,

Best Regards,

SQLBuddy

• Do you have the error message????????

it is true that if the package execution is not started then send email task will not work....

• I got the solution for this.

I set the property Delay Validation as TRUE for all Data flow tasks.

So my package is failing only during runtime .i,e., it is failing only in the step which has the error.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply