connection brakes while exec storedprocedure

• Hi,

Here I am getting problem while executing storedprocedure from client query analyser

error as follows:

(1 row(s) affected)

(1 row(s) affected)

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][Named Pipes]ConnectionRead (WrapperRead()).

Server: Msg 11, Level 16, State 1, Line 0

General network error. Check your network documentation.

Connection Broken

After executing 2 queries in stored procedure, its connection is breaking. network is looking ok. No wait type on NetworkIO. I checked MDAC everything looking ok

But same query runs server itself fine(TerminalService into server and run from queryanalyser).

other than this stored procedure all other queries and stored procedure running file. i even recreated this stored procedrue but no luck.

any thoughts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

thanks

ravi

• I would run the Profiler with TSQL  SQL:StmtStarting which is designed to capture events that are not completing properly. I would capture Text data from both running a query from a Client Query Analyzer (where you have a connection error) and a Server Query Analyzer (where you say it is running OK)

This way looking at the last couple of statements submitted for the connection from the client and the same statements submitted from the server you will be able to figure out the exact statement where the problem is.

Yelena

Regards,Yelena Varsha

• but when i forced Query Analyser on client to use Tcp/IP protocol, the stored procedure is running fine. problem is with nameds pipes protocol only. we are using mdac2.8 RTM on all our servers and clients

• Ravi,

There is more reasons to use Profiler in this case if you say that only Named Pipes connection does not work! You will pinpoint the exact line where it does not work. Maybe it is the way you address the server, maybe it is related to your server DNS aliases or the way Client Network Aliases are set up

Yelena

Regards,Yelena Varsha

• Try updating MDAC (if you can afford the server reboot) to SP2. If that does not fix the issue than I'd take Yelenas advice to use profiler.

RegardsRudy KomacsarSenior Database Administrator"Ave Caesar! - Morituri te salutamus."

• This is a known bug with named pipes on SQL 2000 with MDAC2.8 and W2K3/Win2000.   If you are using these read this link.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;827452

• I had to implement this fix on only 1 of 22 servers.

RegardsRudy KomacsarSenior Database Administrator"Ave Caesar! - Morituri te salutamus."

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply