configuring smtp connection on dts in VS2005

• I'm trying to send mail through DTS Send Mail Task in the final release of VS 2005 however i'm getting this error "Mailbox unavailable.The server response was:5.7.1 Unable to relay for <email adress>. I do not have exchange server installed. The smtp adress is correct. So what could be the problem???

I appreciate your help

Thanks

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Some likely causes for this error message are discussed in the link below (I found this by simply Googling your error message). Good luck!

http://systemwebmail.com/faq/4.3.11.aspx

System.Web.Mail is working correctly, and is attempting to send the email. However, your SmtpMail.SmtpServer is not allowing relaying. Try one of the following suggestions:

• Make sure the MailMessage.From is a valid email address that exists on the SmtpMail.SmtpServer.
    • Allow relaying for your MailMessage.From address (see your specific mail server documentation for this)
    • Allow relaying for your IP Address (see your specific mail server documentation for this).
    • Try authenticated first, before sending the email. Check out 3.8 How do I authenticate to send an email?
    • If you are using the IIS SMTP Service try allowing relaying for your IP address by:

• Opening the IIS Admin MMC
      • Right-Clicking on the SMTP Virtual Server and selecting Properties
      • On the Access tab, click the Relay button
      • Grant 127.0.0.1 (or the IP address used by System.Web.Mail) to the Computers list.
      • Close all dialogs
      • Restarting the SMTP Service

Andy Hilliard
    Owl Creek Consulting[/url]

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply