configure logic for bad set of data's

• John now i there is a change in this current project, nolw i am told to create a package, which will insert a good records in a table even in any condition. Now I need to create an error ouput file which will hold upto 50 bad records. If there are 51 bad records, in this condition only 50 bad records should be inserted in a flat file, no need to roll back. on top of this when ever there are errors written on flat file need to send an email also.

thanks

• OK, you should have learned enough about working with transactions in SSIS to make a good effort at this one.

Why don't you tell me what you think you need to do to handle these requirements and we can discuss it?

John Rowan

======================================================
    Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url] - by Jeff Moden

• well this is a requirement from my manager.

• Right, I understand that. What I'm saying is that I'm sure that you've learned quite a bit as we've worked through this thread.

Why don't you make an attempt to use SSIS to incorporate the new requirements into your pacakge and then post back any challenges or issues that you run in to. This would be better for both of us than me telling you what to do. At some point, you need to be able to do this type of stuff on your own. Let's start now :-).

I'll give you a hint on what I'd do......create a derived column and assign an IDENTITY like value to it (this needs done manually) and then use a conditional split to only route 50 of the rows to your flat file.

John Rowan

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url] - by Jeff Moden

• how do i assign an identity value in derived column, do i use the same package variable and how do i need to create a .net script to count the identity values which will determine bad rows?

• Thread continued here:

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic774464-148-1.aspx

John Rowan

Viewing 6 posts - 106 through 110 (of 110 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply