Compare Values

• I have a table A with following clmns, ( ID (int), Date (datetime), Value (float))

I have a view B with following clmns ( ID (int), Date (datetime), Value (float))

View B is a 'SELECT * FROM table C' in Access 2000 database. This is establish using a Linked Server Connection

In Table C (Access), I have the following columns (ID (NUMBER), DATE (date/time) , Value (Number)(Filed size : Double))

Im trying to locate the combination of ID's, Date & Return that is there in Table A and not in View B , by using the following query

SELECT * FROM A a WHERE NOT EXISTS

(SELECT b.ID,b.[DATE],b.[Value] FROM LinkedServerName...B b

WHERE a.ID=b.ID AND

a.[AS_OF_DATE]=b.[Date]

AND a.[value]=b.[value])

ORDER BY a.ID

There are times it also returns the matching data.

How can I match the Value column correctlty ?

• Most likely it's due to the usage of FLOAT and DOUBLE. There might be some rounding differences.

Do you really need FLOAT on the SQL Server side? I 'd recommend to look into DECIMAL. And (just to be on the safe side) use CAST(b.[value] AS DECIMAL(p,s)) in the WHERE clause.

Lutz
    A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

How to get fast answers to your question[/url]
    How to post performance related questions[/url]
    Links for Tally Table [/url] , Cross Tabs [/url] and Dynamic Cross Tabs [/url], Delimited Split Function[/url]

• Yes I need the column to be of type float as its being used by other process as well.

• What can be the maximum precision and scale for decimal, as the data coming from the Table C in the access database has no specific precision and scale.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply