Comapring table and other things

• Does anyone know if on ver 7.0 if there is a way to compare tables.

we have test intranet db and production intranet db. We want to bring all objects from test to production but there are some stored procedures that we do not want. The developers would rather NOT go through all stored proc and compare test from prod. Is there a simple way of doing this? I have sql 2000 client tools

And while I have your attention. I was going to dts test to prod but the developers told me hat they dont want the data in the table but they want the table. They also said that the last time I did a dtxs that not all objects came over, such as triggers and indentity

Im fairly new at all of this - any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Karen

• No good way natively. Check out the product from RedGate (ad at the bottom of the page). This is exactly what that product will do.

Steve Jones

steve@dkranch.net

• Steve,

Thanks. I have a perplexing code page conversion project that this product may help us on.

The red-gate product I would use supports SQL 7 & 2000. They have a free download. They ask for where you heard about the product so don't forget to mention http://www.sqlservercentral.com!

• Your welcome. Glad we could help.

Steve Jones

steve@dkranch.net

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply