columns to be combined to create a path (location on ha

• I have two tables, each table needs

columns to be combined to create a path (location on hard drive)

first table combines into a field called file1

second table combines into a field called file2

SELECT DatabaseImagesList.Path + DatabaseImagesList.Directory + '\' + DatabaseImagesList.FileName AS file1

SELECT DiskImagesList.Folder + DiskImagesList.DiskFilename AS file2

I need to do a join between databaseimageslist and diskimagelist

tables when the file1 = file2 (i will need to make them lowercase in the process) and get a list of all files that are NOT

in the diskimagelist table (meaning the files are listing in the database, but they are not actually on the hard drive)

I need to completed this task today for my manager

thank you for your help

• Duplicate post

• It's not a duplicate. See, definition of duplicate.

• David,

it would be nice if you included your explanation why you think it isn't a duplicate, then it would be a lot easier for me to reply.

If you refer to the fact, that the other post has different name (title), that is true. But the post itself is identical... or rather, it was when I was posting this reply. Later, the poster edited that other post, adding sample data (you might notice that the data section ends with "here you go", indicating that it is a reply to some request).

Where did you want me to look up the word duplicate? In a database language, yes, a duplicate must be absolutely identical. In real life (IMHO) it could be allowed to use the word duplicate as long as both objects appear to be the same. Since the only difference in the moment of posting was the title of the post, I thought it is OK to use the word duplicate.

But maybe you could tell me what word should I use in such circumstances?

• Vladan,

Sorry,  I posted it twice by mistake.  

Thank you all anyhow...

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply