customerlastname varchar(250)

)

Create table profile

(

profileid int identity,

profilefirstname varchar(250),

profilelastname varchar(250)

)

what the match table has i wrote a script where it will compare the profile table first name and last name to see if it matches any customers in customer table, and if there is a match, then add match data like the customerid and profile id to the match table and of course have a unique id to the match for table purposes.

what I need help is i am new to writing expressions on ssrs, I have everything populated like this:

select b.*, a.*

from customer a

Join profile b

on a.profileid = b.customerid

so i get everything that matches thats fine, works great, want to thank Sean Lange again for his help including showing me what i need to do for posting. Anyways what i would like is there will be duplicate matches for example

Bob dillen might show up twice on the match of course i will only see numbers on the match table which i can reference back to customer and profile table:

match table:

matchid customerid profileid

1 1 7

2 1 7

3 1 8

4 1 15

5 2 9

6 3 12

7 4 Null

8 5 Null

etc. what i would like the SSRS to do is say if customer shows up more than once, and has more than 1 profileid, then make it red, if there is a match but is only once, then make it yellow, else no match then just make the background white like the match id of 7 and 8.

Hope this explains it all please let me know.

Thank you in advance

• I would just make my dataset query like this:

SELECT [customerid]

,COUNT([profileid]) AS ProfileCount

FROM [match]

GROUP BY [customerid]

Then just base your color expression off of the value of ProfileCount

• I suppose if you want to expose all the detail data rather than my solution above, you could add a grouping at the customer level and then Count the detail rows at the group level and have that show your various colors.

• hey Daniel,

thanks for your replies,

yes please, I should do a group by customer id, then use count for the profile id correct? then the count will determine the color, does that make sense, how would i write that in an expression?

thank you again.

• In loose terms

SWITCH(Fields!ProfileCount.Value > 1, 'Red",Fields!ProfileCount.Value = 1,"Yellow",1=1,"White")

I did not check to see if these are all valid colors. Also you would have to use this at the group level. You might also consider adding a visibility expression for the detail on the groups with more than 1 result so you can see exactly which records are duplicates.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply